European Union (EU) Residents: Those living in the EU should also view the “Information Collected from Individuals in the European Union” section of this Private Policy to learn additional information about how we collect and use your personal information in compliance with EU data protection laws.
As provided in more detail below, we collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from:
- Social media providers
- Data aggregators
- Public databases
- Tracking technologies, and
- From you directly.
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how we interact with you, we may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal information about you. This includes:
- Identifiers, such as your name and title. We may also collect your birth date or gender, but only when you choose to provide us with that information, such as in a product review or your account settings. Identifiers may also include:
- Contact Information, such as your mailing address, billing address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Account Profile Information, such as your username or similar identifier, account password, purchase/order history, and your interests provided when signing up for your account.
- Commercial Information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information.
- Correspondence Information, including anything you may provide to us in your communications with us, such as your intended or actual use of our products, questions about our products, and records of your communications with us.
- Health Information, specifically any adverse reaction you might have to one of our products and relevant health information that you choose to share with us.
- Marketing and Communications Information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing, promotions and sales offers from us, and photographs containing images of you where you choose to provide us with them as part of a sweepstakes or contest.
Information Collected from Individuals Outside the United States
Our services are U.S. based and therefore, if you are using the services from outside the United States, including the European Union or European Economic Area, and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States using appropriate transfer mechanisms as required by applicable law. This is done either to ensure we are able to provide our services to you, or where not necessary for the provision of our services (such as in the case of providing you with marketing communications), it is done only with your consent. Please note, however, that the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. We are, however, unable to provide our services without handling your personal information in the United States.
How We Collect Information About You and Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from you and about you in different ways.
- Direct Interactions. We collect most of your personal information from you directly. For example, you may give us a variety of your Identifiers, Contact Information, Account Profile Information, Commercial Information, Correspondence Information, Health Information, Internet/Electronic Activity Information, and Marketing and Communications Information when you:
- Create an account on one of our websites;
- Purchase products from our website or by phone;
- Contact us with questions or provide feedback about our products;
- Subscribe to our mailing lists or otherwise agree to receive marketing communications from us; and
- Enter competitions, promotions or surveys we run from time to time.
- Automated technologies and interactions. As you interact with our websites, we may automatically collect Internet/Electronic Activity Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Internet/Electronic Activity Information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see the “Cookies and Tracking” section of this Private Policy for further details.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Contact Us. We use personal information such as your Contact Information to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the services, such as the “Contact Us” feature.
- Administration. We use personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our services, and the products we offer. We may also use personal information about you to administer our services, including to investigate possible violations of and enforce our contracts, including our website Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions associated with our products and services, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Fraud and Crime Prevention and Detection. We use your personal information, such as your Identifiers, Contact Information, and Internet/Electronic Activity Information, to help prevent and detect fraud and other crimes that might be committed using or against our services. We do this to both protect our legitimate interests in protecting our business assets and comply with our legal obligations.
- IT Security and Website Operation. We use your personal information, such as your Internet/Electronic Activity Information, to help us protect our legitimate interests in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and protecting our IT systems, including this website.
- Compliance with Legal and Regulatory Obligations. We use your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, which arise from time to time. For instance, we may use your Contact Information to alert you if a product is recalled. We may also collect your Health Information to maintain records of adverse reactions to our dietary supplement products when you choose to provide this to us.
Also, if you have decided to opt in for marketing purposes, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. We use personal information about you, including your Contact Information, to send you our newsletters, information about our loyalty program, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email, where you have agreed to receive such communications. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions and our loyalty rewards program.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We use personal information about you, including your Identifiers and Contact Information to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards, where you have agreed to this. We may sometimes use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that Company will be prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
Lastly, we may use information you provide to us for the following additional purposes:
- Feedback. We use information you provide to us regarding our products and services to provide product feedback to our customers in aggregated form through the services.
- Other Uses of Information. In addition, we may use your personal information as otherwise described to you at the time of collection with your consent.
- Our services offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.